Election Judges help to ensure the rights of voters are protected on Election Day. Judges of Election are responsible for the administration of election procedures in the polling place. They are in the position of ensuring the Election process is administered fairly and in accordance with the law.
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Be able to speak, read, and write the English language
• Not a candidate of any office in the election and not be an elected committeeman
• Successfully complete 4-hour training session
• Open and close the polls
• Be responsible for all election materials
• Ensure qualified voters are permitted to vote
• Ensure all votes are cast in secret
• Offer voting instructions
• Maintain order in the polling place throughout the day
• Print necessary reports
• One Democrat and one Republican must transport select election materials to Peoria Election Commission after polls close.