Field support staff ensures their assigned Polling Places are running smoothly.
- Have transportation
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language
- Not a candidate of any office in the election and not be an elected committeeman
- Successfully complete two (2) hour training session
- Assigned a number of Polling Locations throughout the City of Peoria
- Coordinate with all assigned Polling Locations to ensure correct set up the Monday prior to Election Day
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is up and running on Election Day
- Report on the status of your assigned Polling Places
- Paid $10.00/hour
- Reimbursed mileage
- Hands on experience with electronic voting equipment
Field support staff work long hours, arriving at the polling places prior to the polls opening at 6:00 am and checking on assigned polling places until the polls close at 7:00 pm. Field support staff is also responsible for several hours of set up the Monday prior to Election Day.
Field support staff are required to work Monday evening and all day Election Day.